Vector-borne diseases are caused by parasites, bacteria and viruses that are transmitted by bugs, mosquitoes, sand flies, blackflies, ticks, mites, lice and more. These diseases are determined by complex demographics, unplanned urbanization as well as environmental and social factors. With the onset of monsoon, these diseases spread rampantly due to unhygienic conditions, taking a huge toll on your health.
Given below are some of the common vector-borne diseases:
|Viral fever||Airborne virus active due to weather change||Runny nose, fever with chills, constant sneezing, sore throat, body aches
|Cholera||Vibrio cholera bacteria in contaminated food or water||Muscle cramps, vomiting, watery stool, dehydration|
|Malaria||Plasmodium parasite transmitted through the bite of a female Anopheles mosquito
|Body ache, fever with chills, sweating, headache, nausea, vomiting, weakness, diarrhoea|
|Dengue||Dengue virus gets transmitted through the bite of an Aedes aegypti or Tiger mosquito
|Fever, severe joint pain, exhaustion, body ache, rash, decreasing platelet counts|
|Hepatitis A||Hepatovirus A gets transferred to food or water by houseflies from the faeces of an infected person
|Inflammation of the liver, diarrhoea, appetite loss, vomiting, fever, body ache, jaundice
- Drink only boiled water
- Eat fresh and well-cooked food. Avoid consuming street food
- Boost your immunity with a diet rich in Vitamin C and other nutrients
- Avoid any kind of accumulation of stagnant water
- Encourage and practice good hygiene and sanitation. Wash your hands frequently with soap
- Make sure to keep your food and water away from germs and houseflies
- Try to avoid contact with any one infected with a contagious illness
- Get vaccinated for Typhoid, Cholera, and Hepatitis A and also vaccinate your pets
- Make use of mosquito repellents and insecticide-treated mosquito nets at all times
- If you happen to step into dirty water or get drenched, step out of your damp clothes and take a bath immediately.
While these are some preventive measures to help prevent the onset of diseases, you must also secure yourself financially.
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance offers a wide range of health insurance policies that comes with cashless treatment benefits and hassle-free claims settlement.
Critical Illness Insurance
A critical illness insurance plan indicates that you can insure yourself with guaranteed cash amount against the risk of any serious critical illness.
- Benefit amount is payable once the disease is diagnosed or has met with a specific criteria and the insured survives 30 days after the diagnosis.
- The insured receives a lump sum amount so that they can plan their treatment accordingly.
- It offers very competitive premium rates.
- Expenses like donor expenses in a transplant surgery, which aren’t covered under normal health insurance policy can be paid from the amount received under this cover both in India and abroad.
- It comes with tax saving benefit under Sec 80 D
- It also offers health CDC benefit
- Covers 10 critical illnesses
- Lifetime renewal facility
- Provides hassle-free in house claim process
M-Care health insurance
Bajaj Allianz General Insurance has another health insurance policy known as M-Care, for taking care of the most common vector-borne diseases. If the insured is diagnosed with any of it during the tenure, the company will pay a lump sum benefit to the insured person. They provide you with immediate financial assistance during the hour of need.
Key Benefits –
- Free look period of 15 days
- Floater policy for spouse/ proposer/dependent children/dependent parents
- Lifetime renewal benefit
- Access to the cashless hospitalisation facility
- 20% discount applicable, if a customer buys their insurance plan from the website
General Benefits of Health insurance
- Health insurance plans cover medical expenses like hospitalization, day care procedures, ambulatory patient services, emergency services, prescription drugs, pregnancy, maternity, paediatric services, mental health, substance use disorder services and more.
- They cover critical illnesses and life-threatening diseases. The amount provided may then be used to meet treatment costs, financial obligations or daily expenses.
- Cashless health Insurance plans offer a claim benefit wherein the hospitalisation expenses are managed between your insurance company and the hospital itself. To avail this benefit, you must get admitted at any of the insurer’s network hospitals.
- Convalescence benefit, also known as recuperating or recovery benefit, takes care of the insured’s expenses for supplementary costs that arise due to hospitalization. A lump sum amount is paid for the hospitalization ranging from 7 to 20 days.
- Insurers have expanded their health insurance cover to include domiciliary treatmente. treatment taken at home under medical supervision, with varying specifications.
- Insurance policies do offer free periodic health check-ups to their policy holders after every 4 or 5 claim-free years.
Try these numerous ways of getting covered against these vector-borne diseases and purchase the most suitable health insurance plan for your security.